Long Beach Coin, Currency, Stamp & Sports Collectible Show will be held Thursday, September 5 to Saturday, September 7, 2019. The show will feature an exhibit of rare, historic French coins described as the best and most comprehensive ever displayed in the United States.
The extensive Tyrant Collection (www.TheTyrantCollection.com), entitled “Tyrants of the Seine,” will be the fifth exhibition in a multi-year series of different displays of portions of the collection, described as the world’s most valuable rare coin collection in private hands.
This educational exhibit will include superb examples of almost every Friedberg number (from the Standard Catalog of World Coins) from the 13th century to 1936 reflecting the Tyrant Collection owner’s patience, ability and determination to collect historic French coins,” stated Yifu (Ivan) Che, numismatist at Goldberg Coins & Collectibles who is assisting in the cataloging of the impressive collection.
Exhibit highlights include:
- Gold Stater struck by the Parisii in Northern Gaul between 100 to 50 B.C.
- Very rare George-Florin of Philippe VI struck in 1346.
- 1640 10 Louis d’Or ceremonial or presentation issue of Louis XIII.
- Historic gold Essai struck in the name of Austrian Emperor Francis I during the coalition’s occupation of France in April 1814.
- Napoleon’s 1815 Proof 20 Francs struck during the Hundred Days.
- 1889 Proof 100 Francs of the Second Republic.
The owner of The Tyrant Collection wants to remain anonymous while he shares the collection’s coins with the public for their educational value.
The most famous figures in French history, Napoleon, is depicted on this rare proof 1815 gold 20 Francs coin
Here is contact information for this show:
Long Beach Coin, Currency, Stamp & Sports Collectible Expo (www.LongBeachExpo.com).
- On-site grading
- Show submissions will be accepted through Friday September 6th, 2019 at 5:00PM.
- All other service level submissions will be accepted until 3:00PM Saturday September 7th, 2019. Submission acceptance dates and times may change without notice.
- PCGS Representatives will be able to answer questions, accept submissions (including Bulk), and provide specific hours for submission cutoff times. Submission acceptance dates and times are subject to change without notice.
- If your on-site submissions will include World coins, contact PCGS Customer Service prior to the show at 1-800-447-8848 for pre-approval.